Applications are invited for the 2023/24 year provided they are received by 1st November 2023.
Royal Bath & West of England Society Charity Committee – Criteria for FE & HE Funding
- Applicants should be drawn from the counties of Southwest England
- Chosen studies should be relevant to the core values of the Royal Bath and West of England Society – for the encouragement of agriculture, manufacture, commerce and rural crafts.
- Priority should be given to applicants whose award would make a real difference to their lives and to their future and to the benefit of the Society and the wider rural community
- Applications for research projects and second degrees would be considered as they help to spread the Society’s name and objectives further and the Society may have longer term engagement with those completing a second degree.
- Priority should be given to those applicants who would return to the South West on completion of their studies to contribute to the local economy during their career.
- All successful applicants will be expected to Steward at the Royal Bath and West Show or Field to Food and become involved in initiatives of the Society such as Next Generation or similar
- Each applicant could be asked to make a presentation to the Society
- When a contribution to total funding is offered by The Society, proof of total course funding being achieved may be requested before the offered funds are released direct to the Educational establishment involved. Funding should be before the course or study begins, rather than applying for a top up part way through studies
- Where relevant successful applicants will be invited to write reports on their awards, especially for conferences such as the Royal Agricultural Society of the Commonwealth etc for inclusion in the Society Journal
- All applications would have a closing date of 1st June & 1st November in any year
For more information on how to apply, please contact us via the enquiry form and we will connect you with the correct department.