In the past money has been used to assist funding in many different areas from assisting youngsters through agricultural college and veterinary schools.
The Society has also contributed towards NVQ agricultural courses, livestock photography courses, an overseas study tour, woodland management and forestry courses, a rural art project and a rural leadership course to name just a few.
All recipients of funding are invited to come and give presentations about their projects or courses and become involved in the Royal Bath and West Show to help steward at the various shows.
The Grants Committee consider all the applications the Society receives – for further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Royal Bath & west of England Society Charity Committee – Criteria for Funding
- Applicants should be drawn from Somerset, Dorset, Devon, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and Bristol
- Chosen courses should be relevant to the core values of the Royal Bath and West of England Society – for the encouragement of agriculture, manufacture, commerce and rural crafts.
- Priority should be given to applicants whose award would make a real difference to their lives and to their future.
- Applications for PhDs and second degrees would be considered as they help to spread the Society’s name and objectives further and the Society may have longer term engagement with those completing a second degree.
- Priority should be given to those applicants who would return to the South West on completion of their studies to contribute to the local economy during their career.
- All successful applicants will be invited to Steward at the Royal Bath and West Show or Field to Food and become involved in initiatives of the Society such as Next Generation or similar
- Each applicant could be asked to make a presentation to the Committee
- When a contribution to total funding is offered by The Society, proof of total course funding being achieved may be requested before the offered funds are released direct to the Educational establishment involved. Funding should be before the course or study begins, rather than applying for a top up part way through studies.
- Where relevant successful applicants will be invited to write reports on their awards, especially for conferences such as the RASC etc for inclusion in the Society Journal
- All applications would have a closing date of 1st June & 1st November in any year